The Mission of the Township of Union Social Studies Department:
Social Studies education provides learners with the knowledge and skills needed to become active, informed citizens, both domestically and globally. Rigorous inquiry and relevant activities will help students connect content knowledge to current global and historic issues. Through instruction in U.S. History and World History/Geography, students begin to analyze the history of the past in hopes of participating as critical thinkers and problem solvers in their world.
Our vision is to:
• create civic minded, globally aware, and socially responsible students.
• Exemplify fundamental values of American citizenship through active participation in local and global communities.
• Make informed decisions about local, state, national, and global events based on inquiry and analysis.
• Consider multiple perspectives, values diversity, and promotes cultural understanding.
• Recognize the implications of an interconnected global economy.
• Appreciate the global dynamics between people, places, and resources.
We facilitate our instruction by: