Township of Union G&T Program Complaint Procedure
“Strengthening Gifted and Talented Education Act”
An individual who believes the district has not complied with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 18A:35-34 et seq. may file a complaint with the Board of Education by:
- Submitting a statement to the superintendent, Scott Taylor, at email@example.com.
- The statement should include:
- Name, address, and contact information of the complainant
- A statement that the district is not in compliance with the provisions of the act
- Specific facts on which the allegation of noncompliance is based.
The Board shall issue a decision, in writing, to affirm, reject, or modify the district’s action in the matter.
The individual may then file a petition of appeal of the Board’s written decision to the Commissioner of Education through the Office of Controversies and Disputes in accordance with N.J.S.A. 18A:6-9 and the procedures set forth in State Board of Education regulations.