Welcome to Township of Union Public Schools!
|UNION HIGH SCHOOL
|| 11:35 AM
|| 12:00 PM
|JEFFERSON|| 12:20 PM
|| 1:00 PM
Introducing the 1:1 Chromebook Program
Parents and Guardians,
We are thrilled to announce the implementation of the 1:1 (one computer for every one student) Chromebook Program for the 9th 12th grades this coming February 2017. Chromebooks are laptops created by Google to harness the use of the Google platform and Google Apps to make working more streamlined. They are very cost effective, have a long battery life, and boot up rapidly and easily. We are very excited for how this technology will improve the learning environment.
The Chromebooks will support classroom learning in many ways:
- Several classroom textbooks will also have the eBook component available.
- Teachers will be able to give better feedback on projects and assignments.
- Submitting assignments will be more streamlined.
- Students and teachers will have immediate access to the internet for research and educational purposes.
- Students will be able to use the Google platform to collaborate on projects and assignments.
- Students will be able to use the Google platform to ask each other questions and work together from anywhere in a safe and monitored environment.
This is an exciting change for our 9th12th grade students, teachers, and for Township of Union Public Schools as a whole. The immediate access to computers will have a beneficial effect on the education we can provide.
Below is the information as to when the Chromebooks will be distributed:
Wednesday, 2/15 – 9th Grade - 6pm to 9pm
Thursday, 2/16 – 10th Grade - 6pm to 9pm
Wednesday, 2/22 – 11th Grade – 6pm to 9pm
Thursday, 2/23 – 12th Grade – 6pm to 9pm
*All parents and guardians will report to the Union High School Library to sign the Parent/Student Chromebook agreement. There will be specific classrooms labeled by last name as to where the Chrome books can be picked up.
*All parents and students will be required to sign the Chrome Book User Agreement when the Chrome is being picked up. This agreement will be located on the school website as well as at the times of distribution. Please be certain to review this prior to coming to pick up the Chrome Book.
If there are any questions, please email your child’s grade level Vice Principal. If you have any specific questions regarding operations of the Chrome Book please email email@example.com.
Principal Union High School